25 top Google Wave Bots and Extensions for researchers and doctors .
Share on Facebook
Google wave is a great tool for collaboration , sharing , working and team tracking as well as a project management , its an interactive dynamic collaborating tool for teams . As Google wave built to be extend-able with new features powered by community of developers who also are users , they improve many features as well as adding many new other features to Wave , through flexible API developers manage to create extensions as well as make an automated buddies which more features .
In this article i will post a list of the most useful for researchers and doctors , but first of all what is in Google wave for doctors and researchers ?
- Connectivity : Interactive , real-time and dynamic connectivity with teams , colleagues for discussion , sharing and tracking .
- Sharing : Ideas , Resources , Thoughts , Concepts ,
- Collaboration : as a project management tool ,
- Brain storming : Interactive brain storming ,
- Project management ,
- Collaborative writing : very handy for researchers to collaborate in writing articles , papers ….
- Dynamic Discussion : included as real-time discussion .
Google Wave bots :
The bot is an automated contact robot , has an ID as ” email@example.com ” , it works soon as you add it to your waves contributers list , to enable it to a certain wave just add it as a contributer to this wave .
Useful Google wave bots for researchers and doctors :
- 1- Madoqua : firstname.lastname@example.org ,
It enables the user to embed the wave in their blogs and other web publishing CMS ,
- 2 – PDF Wave Exporter – email@example.com :
It exports the wave to a PDF file .
- 3 – Inbeddable – firstname.lastname@example.org :
Allowing adding pictures from online resources since the Google wave does not support that yet .
- 4 – Wikybot – email@example.com :
For highlighted topics, inserts short description from Wikipedia in a new blip.
- 5 – Syntaxy – firstname.lastname@example.org :
- 6 – Wikify – email@example.com :
Adding links and info summary from Wikipedia into a new blip , just define the term as in <wikify informatics> .
- 7 – Sweepy : firstname.lastname@example.org :
it removes empty blips . Personally i suffer from empty blips so i consider this bot very useful to add it to this list .
Lets you export waves into Google Docs .
Embed charts and diagrams from Google Chart API service. Check the bot`s page for usage information .
To publish your waves to wordpress blogs it requires wordpress plugin to work wavrt to be installed on wordpress .
- 11 – Bloggy – email@example.com :
It publishes the content of waves to a blog site.
- 12 -Tweety – firstname.lastname@example.org :
To track down your twitter account in real-time .
Adding Google Maps into your wave .
It has very useful tools as integrating RSS feed into wave , Searching Google news and other features .
- 15 – Groupy – email@example.com :
Robot to manage groups.
- 16 – Style Chart Robot – firstname.lastname@example.org :
Inserts a chart into a wave.
- 17 – Tocgen ” Table Of Content ” – email@example.com :
Auto-generate Table of Contents auto-generated and updated based on the h1,h2,h3,h4 in a wave.
- 18 – Taggy – firstname.lastname@example.org :
It Recognize #hashtags and add them as tags to the wave .
Google Wave extensions :
Here is a collection for the most useful Google Waves extensions for researchers and doctors .
- 1 – ProcessWave.org Diagram Editor Google Wave extension :
A fully collaborative diagram editor for Google Wave. It exports to UML , BPMN ” Business process Modeling Notation ” , FMC ” Fundamental Modeling Concepts ” , EPC ” Event-Driven Process Chains ”
- 2 – Manage Tasks Google Wave Extension :
It adds a ToDo list and Tasks manager capability to your Google Wave .
- 3 – Unawave – Projects management extension for Google Wave .
- 4 – ConceptDraw – Mind Mapping Google Wave extension .
Enables you to create collaborative mind maps with contacts . For usage instructions and tutorials check Concept draw mind maps extension page .
- 5 – Mind Map gadgets – Google wave Mind mapping extension .
Another Google wave extension for mind mapping .
- 6 – PulsOn : Idea rating Google Wave extension .
- 7 – DocXwave import/export – a Google Wave Extension to enables documents exporting of waves :
Convert/import Microsoft Word (doc/docx/rtf) and OpenOffice (odt/sxw) documents, and export to docx.
Honorable mention and very important bot ” out of the list ” :
Seekdroid ” Google Wave bots looking-up and search tool ” – email@example.com :
Well Thats it for now . if you found any useful Google Wave extensions or Google Wave bot , please don’t hasitate to add it in a comment in this post .